TMI - Can We Just Be Friends?!

Can we be just friends?
 
1. Have you ever had a friendship with someone where you secretly (or not so secretly) desired them?
YES, MOST DEFINITELY!
 

2. Are you prone to jealousy, suspicion or insecurity when your partner spends time with an attractive close friend without you? Why?
I WOULD SAY SUSPICION BUT GOING INTO WHY LEADS TO A LOT MORE QUESTIONS AND I DON’T HAVE THAT KIND OF TIME.
 
3. Has a previously platonic friendship ever bloomed into a sexual relationship?
YES.  I DON’T REALLY THINK THAT MEN AND WOMEN CAN GENIUNELY BE FRIENDS.  I BELIEVE I HAVE WRITTEN A FEW TIMES ABOUT THIS.
 
4. Have you ever remained close friends with an ex-lover?
I’VE REMAINED FRIENDS WITH EX’S… BUT CLOSE FRIENDS, I WOULDN’T SAY THAT.
 
Bonus: Have you ever developed feelings for a “friend with benefits”? How did it develop, unfold, resolve?
YES.  IT DEVELOPED OUT OF SHEER BOREDOM AND A GAME OF TRUTH OR DARE.  IT STARTED WITH A KISS, A SOMEWHAT INNOCENT KISS.  THEN WE WERE LOOKING FOR EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO BE ALONE TOGETHER.  THEN IT UNFOLDED INTO SKINNY DIPPING, SHOWERS AND EVENTUALLY FUCK SESSIONS.  IT WAS CRAZY AND EXCITING BUT STARTED TO SLOW DOWN WHEN WE WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE ELSE.  THEN IT RESOLVED WHEN I MOVED AWAY.  HE AND I STILL SEE EACH OTHER RANDOMLY AND I WOULD SAY WE ARE FRIENDS BUT NOT CLOSE FRIENDS.

After posting this I realized that I read the question wrong and rather than rewriting it, I'll add to it.  I thought the question was have I ever had a friends with benefits, I didn't realize that it said had I developed feelings for that friend.  So, to answer that part...

I didn't develop feelings in the way that I wanted to be with him.  But, I did enjoy our time together and therefore developed a feeling of a close friendship with him.  Definitely not the kind where I wanted him romantically.
 
Want more TMI? Visit: TMI, Tuesday

10 comments:

  1. Really? you don't think a girl and a guy can be friends? I did a post on that..I think is very possible and I am proven fact of it :)

    Happy TMI!!!Gorgeous!!

    Aluv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just been in my experience that I don't feel they can be genuinely good friends without the desire that can plan into it. I know that it's possible, I do have a lot of good guy friends. It's just, IDK, never lasts, it seems. But, that's just me personally.

      Glad you have that... guy friends are awesome when they can keep their hands to themselves! Haha!

      Now, I am off you read yours! : )

      Delete
  2. *pinchy pinchy*

    the next time i play Truth or Dare, i'll include fuck session as one of the options, just to spice things up, see what happens...you've inspired me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you must and then write about it so we can all be in on the fun! ;)

      Delete
  3. thanks for the extra info on your bonus answer. And it's VERY nice to know that I am not the only heterosexual female who firmly believes that straight men and women can be friends without sex getting in the way. Even if you are both available, attractive, and what the other looks for in a lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think that was Atiyaluv that posted she believes that. I think the opposite. I have a lot of guy friends and love having them. But, all to often it doesn't seem to last.

      Delete
  4. Hey Ms. B,

    Thanks for subscribing to both my blogs and leaving a comment on my page. I appreciate it.

    I agree with you on whether women and men can be friends, from personal experience it seems as if someone may want more. Especially if they are attracted to you. It seems to be half of the male guys in my life wanting more than friendship at some point.

    But I do have a few guys friends whom I have a platonic relationship with as friends. I guess it just all depends.

    Can't wait to read more from you, enjoying your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, looking forward to reading more.

      Yea, I think it starts out innocent enough. But, at some point something changes and more it wanted than a person can give. Then it usually ends the friendships which is also very sad.

      I love my guy friends, just want them to stay that way! : )

      Delete
  5. Interesting. I've got lots of female friends. Some I've had sex with, but most I have not, and it's not an issue of "it hasn't happened yet". It's an issue of mutual respect and camaraderie. Most of my male friends disagree. Many, for one reason or another, feel threatened by friendship with women, ostensibly because they believe that female friends will feminize them, dilute or ruin their "male identity", or spontaneously become a relationship. Needless to say I've had fun disproving their fears.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really interesting. I think you should do a more in depth post about this and Jill should write her point of view on being friends with males.

      It's been in my experience that finding male friends isn't the hard part, enjoying time with them is always great... it's the part when they want more that can become the problem.

      I don't think I ever thought any of them thought I was feminizing them, but that is interesting to read.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you write!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...