The Most Beautiful Part of Me...

… is my head.  Although I get compliments on it, it’s not what people see but what they don’t that I truly like.  I sometimes picture my brain and think how beautiful it must be.  When I visualize it, I see a perfectly shaped pink mass with sparkles of reflective thought running wild around it.  Idea’s forming and populating and taking it over, utilizing both the right and left side simultaneously.
 
This is why I love nerds!  You don’t have to look the part to be a nerd you just have to have the intelligence that I crave.  There is sexiness to brilliance that I love and am completely attracted to.  They say daughters marry men like their fathers… well my dad was literally a "... scientist", so imagine trying to court me, nothing less would do!
 
I don’t pretend to be any smarter than I am and I love to learn new things to gain more knowledge.  A lot of the time I really don’t give myself enough credit for my intelligence.
 
That being said, stupid people hurt my brain!  I swear that it physically and mentally hurts me to deal with stupid people.  I try to think on a more basic level when dealing with someone that just can’t get there thoughts together.  I recently posted about a woman that just couldn’t stop talking and asking the same ridiculous questions over and over because she just couldn’t get it.  I was bored out of my mind and though it made me crazy, it really just made me feel thankful for my fully functioning ability to add two plus two.
 
I don’t expect everyone to be rocket scientists, god knows, I’m not.  But, common sense is something that I wish more people had.  A pet peeve of mine is spelling my name wrong.  Especially when responding to an email.  It’s in the header, in my address and in the body of the email.  If I get a response from someone that can still spell it wrong after that, then I really question there common sense and intelligence.  My name isn’t that hard, it’s not that hard to simply look at the response and the signature line and spell it the same.  I can barely stand to read the rest of the email once I’ve started with my name spelled wrong.
 
I know that seems a bit much, but honestly, wouldn’t you question someone’s brain function when your name is spelled TWO lines above the beginning of there reply and they still get it wrong.
 
Yesterday, I re-read a string of emails from the person that is the reason for this post and I realized in that thread she spelled my name three different ways, with my signature right above her Hello Ms. B, every time.  I cringe at the thought of her being a teacher to my child in fact how is she even a teacher?!
 
She asked me a simple question on Tuesday, here is how it went:
 
Mrs. No Brain: Since I won’t be here Monday, can you make up the class on Friday?
 
Ms. B: No, I will be out of town from Tuesday to Sunday.
 
Mrs. No Brain:  Ok, well what about Wednesday?
 
(My eyebrow is now cocked!)
 
Ms. B:  No, I will still be out of town until Sunday.
 
Mrs. No Brain: Well, I have a Thursday then, does that work?
 
(My face is now turning bright red)
 
Ms. B:  I will not be in town Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  Can I just get a credit for the class?
 
Mrs. No Brain:  No, there is no credit for her not coming to class.
 
Ms. B:  She would be at class, but you said you would not be in class?
 
Mrs. No Brain:  I understand that but there is no credit if she doesn’t attend.
 
(I am now yanking out all my hair)
 
Ms. B: Ok, then I will bring her on Monday, as scheduled.
 
Mrs. No Brain:  I won’t be here on Monday, are you available on Friday to make up the class?
 
(I am now experiencing a throbbing pain in my brain)
 
Ms. B: Come on, this isn’t rocket science!
 
I hope you enjoyed this actual conversation I had through email with my daughter’s teacher.  A week later she was out on jury duty and we started this conversation all over, AGAIN!  No joke!
 
I’d really, really like to know how to deal with someone like this?!  I know you should never argue with an idiot because they always drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.  It’s just I feel like I am surrounded by people just like this, people that don’t know how to use logic or common sense and it really is eating at my brain. HELP ME!!

Random:

When I was looking for a brain pic, I ran across this and I had seen it a long time ago and I thought that I fell into each side perfectly!!
 
What’s your side?
 
Left brain: I am the left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master of words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am.
 
Right brain: I am the right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you write!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...