My Modern Family

This is going to be short and definitely sweet!  If you watch Modern Family then you will understand this post!
 
Today I was compared to Julie Bowen (Claire) and Sofia Vergara (Gloria)… twice!  I was told I am the mother and wife that is all Claire with the look and style of Gloria. Hearing that from two different people made me laugh out loud!
 
I thought about it and realized that it’s a ridiculously perfect compliment.
 

 
Claire is a mother to be inspired by, always there for her children and would do anything for her family and she’s always funny.  I would have to say I am just as crazy and neurotic, too.  When Phil does something “funny”, I have also perfected that same look she give, the smile, look away wide eyed and shake your head.
 
 
Even my kids are almost like the Dunphy family.  I think my older daughter has the brains of the middle child and the looks of the older one, I wonder where she gets it! ;)  Then my youngest daughter is a funny and crazy as the little boy on the show.
 
 
And, being compared to Sofia, who wouldn’t be completely thrilled at that statement?  But, also, I had raised my daughter without a stable father and with that I have that same sassy… I can do everything myself attitude.  I have to be constantly reminded that sometimes people like to help.  I even have the same talks loud enough for the neighbors to hear personality.  And, given that I am Filipino, I also have that hot blooded ethnic thing going on, which I think is only great in the bedroom.
 
I really appreciated this compliment, it really made me smile!

10 comments:

  1. How fun :) Thank you for sharing.

    Sir x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I just saw your profile, I couldn't see it the other day when I tried to look... I will go have a read! :)

      Delete
  2. I'd say any woman could take those comparisons as a compliment. Both of those ladies are gorgeous and funny. Yay for hot blooded ethnic things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I would have loved just one of them! :) Haha, hot blooded to say the least!

      Delete
  3. Weird how things come in pairs like that! Today's modern family has adapted to the times...love that show by the way! Just saw the rerun of the spanish soap opera one (Baby on Board) which was SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my absolute favorite show! There's very few on TV now that I can sit through or stay awake for, but definitely Modern Family. That is definitely a FUNNY one... can't wait for more to come!

      Delete
  4. Haha that does sound like a wonderful compliment! A feather in your cap if you will...

    And I love that show by the way, so I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I thought so, too!

      GREAT show! Hope they stay on for years and years...

      Are you out of haitus, yet? You have been missed! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks I appreciate it.

      Not quite, I just check in when I have some time. I'm still probably a couple weeks away from things getting back to normal.

      But thanks for asking!

      Delete
    3. Awe, well at least you are checking in. I read your posts via email and I am about to go comment! Can't wait for things to slow down in your world so I can get my daily dose of your humor! :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you write!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...