Pull over... I'm tired!

I find it funny that this blog is lucky number 13.

Sick and tired of being tired and sick!

I swear that once I start to feel better my body tricks me and suddenly I am in a whirlwind of unexpected doctor visits, tests and endless appointments.

I would like to wake up in the morning and feel great. Look at myself in the mirror and think what am I going to do today that doesn’t involve doctors or all the pills and many restrictions am I put on.

I dream of days when I did feel better but those dreams are barely a memory now. I think about myself as an old woman and I think I can barely handle myself now, how will I deal with myself years from now? What happens to me when I am over twice my age and I am seeing 60, 70 or 80? Will I even get that far? Sometimes I think, I seriously doubt it with the way things are going. Then other times I think... when the sun is a little brighter, that I will be an old grandma with grandchildren galore. Those days make me happy and I look forward to all that future brings.


The days when the sun isn’t so bright or it forgets to come out at all are the days that I dread. The ones that leave me feeling helpless. Helpless! It’s not a feeling any person wants to feel. But, to each his own and I feel my own personal hell when I start to feel helpless. When I can't do something as simple as get out of a chair, I feel myself get angry at the thought of not being able to do it. Something so simple and something I should be able to do. I am not asking to climb Mount Everest. I just want to be able to do the simple things that most of the world does without a second thought. I don’t want it to be a thought! I want it to be an action, a thoughtless action. Yet, my world seems surrounded by things I didn’t use to pay attention too, which now I have no choice but to listen to the screams. It’s screaming at me loud and clear. Yelling and waving the red flag at me as it lets me know with a simple motion, I’m here to stay!

So deal, right?!

I don’t want sympathy or the boo hoo me ritual that is all too common in most people I know. I barely like talking about being sick, ill or whatever you’d like to call this. I don’t like telling the world every problem I have, most things I keep to myself. Some days are just harder than others not to kick and scream and want to give up entirely. But, in the deepest part of every scream all I want is just to feel better because on my good days I do deal with it and those are really great days! So, give me the directions, the pills and whatever else you have up your sleeve doctor! Just help me feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...